DSA Admission – Guzheng
Pei Hwa Secondary School is looking for Primary 6 students with a passion and talent in playing the Guzheng. Students should meet the admission criteria stated in the following section before applying. Shortlisted applicants who meet the admission criteria will be required to attend an audition by our instructor, together with the CCA Teacher-in-charge and Aesthetics Head.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the school’s academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Applicants should be competent in playing the Guzheng. (Formal Certification is useful, but not compulsory)
- Applicants should be able to sight read simple Guzheng Scores.
- Applicants should have
- Achievements/Attainment in Guzheng OR
- Represented their primary schools in Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Arts presentation OR
- Performed at events that are not held in a school.
- Shortlisted candidates are to perform 2 pieces (preferably contrasting pieces) or movements. The total duration of the pieces or movements should not be longer than 4 minutes and should be appropriate to their stage of development.
- Shortlisted candidates need to provide 2 sets of scores for the pieces or movements during the audition. The scores will be returned at the end of the audition.
- Sight read a simple piece.
Guzheng will be provided by the school. Candidates may bring their own instruments if they wish to.