Craft & Technology
The Art Unit
- Art pupils would be confident, enthusiastic and have a sense of achievement in the practice of art
- Art pupils would be aware of and appreciate art from various contexts
- Art pupils would be able to contribute to the community through art
- Drawing (Still Life / Observational / Portraiture)
- Application of Colours (Theories / Colour Pencils / Painting)
- Basic Interior Design
- Basic Product Design
- Art Criticism
- Fashion Illustration
- Acrylic Painting
- Pencil / Colour Pencil Sketching
- Digital Art
- Art Learning Trips
- Art History
- Art Criticism
- Enrichment Programmes (Ceramic Workshop / Paper Cutting)
- Art Competition (Manga Art)
- School Exhibitions
For more information, please visit the Pei Hwa Art Gallery Facebook page.
The Design & Technology Unit
The Design & Technology Unit aims to instill in our pupils the design-thinking culture. This is achieved mainly through product design which is essentially meeting user’s needs through technology where applicable. The resilience, confidence and problem-solving skills acquired by the pupils prepare them for the challenges which they may face after they graduate from secondary school. Pupils in the Lower Secondary are introduced various aspects of technology (namely structures, electronics and mechanisms) and how they are used to meet our everyday needs. They are also taught basic skills in the handling of tools and simple machinery which is essential in the realization of a design project.
Pupils in the upper secondary level cover technology topics in greater depth and focus on the application of technology in their design coursework. In the area of design, pupils are required to complete one cycle of design, from identification of user’s needs to ideation and finally the realisation (making) of the design.
Food & Consumer Education
The department actively seeks to excite and motivate pupils in the learning of Food and Consumer Studies by conducting lessons that are experiential that encourages active learners, for example, bus-stop activities, practical sessions and sensory evaluation on food. The focus of the department is also to promote and sustain healthy eating among pupils and staff in the school. Posters featuring tips for healthy eating are prominently displayed in the school premises.
- Fashion / Fabric
- Culinary Skills
- Nutrition Concepts
- Diet and Health
- Principles of Food Science