1. How many places can Pei Hwa Secondary offer in DSA Exercise?
Under the School Distinctive Programme initiative, our school may offer up to a maximum of 5% of the total Secondary 1 intake for the year.
2. Can my child take part in the DSA exercise if he/she is currently not studying in any of the MOE Schools?
Your child will need to obtain a registration number from MOE Customer Service Centre before he/she can take part in this exercise. Do note that he/she is required to take the AEIS tests to be considered for any admission into mainstream secondary schools. More information can be found here.
3. Will my child be part of the Robotics CCA if he is successful in the DSA application?
Yes, your child will be automatically channelled into Robotics Club as his/her CCA through the DSA Exercise. Hence, your child will not be involved in the CCA Selection Process during the CCA orientation week.
4. Does my child/ward have to take the PSLE after receiving a confirmed offer or waiting list offer?
Students who take up Confirmed Offers or Waiting List Offers by schools during the DSA-Sec Exercise are still required to take the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE). Those who take up Confirmed Offers are guaranteed a place in the school that has extended them an offer, provided that their PSLE results meet the minimum requirement for a course [Express / Normal (Academic) / Normal (Technical)] offered by the school.
5. Can my child/ward apply for transfer after getting a confirmed place?
Similar to previous years, students who have been admitted to a school through the DSA-Sec Exercise will not be able to participate in the centralised Secondary One Posting Exercise.
Students who have been successfully allocated to a school via the DSA-Sec Exercise are expected to honour their commitment to their posted DSA-Sec schools and will thus not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
More FAQ can be found on http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec